Chase Preferred Experiences®
Chase Preferred Experiences, As a Sapphire Preferred cardholder, you will have access to exclusive events and experiences provided by Chase.
There are not many available at once, and they are only available in select locations around the world.
Some of the current experiences are:
- An exclusive invitation to the Chicago Theater to hear a live performance of R&B artist Leon Bridges’ new album.
- A VIP trip to meet the New York Rangers, and the chance to be a Rangers Stick Kid in a game.
- Special VIP packages for the 2018 PGA Championship and the 2018 Ryder Cup in Paris.
- A special VIP preferential pricing package to the 2018 Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve offers a higher level version of this benefit, called Reserve Experiences. For now though, the selection of experiences to choose from is the same.
Visa Signature Concierge
You can call 1-800-953-7392 to speak with your Visa Signature Concierge, 24 hours a day. This service will probably be most useful when you’re traveling and wondering where to eat, or perhaps don’t have time to search for a particular purchase.
Call the concierge for help with:
- Travel research, such as tourist attractions and the best hotels
- Recommendations for dining and making reservations
- Find rare items or send gifts, like flowers
- Buy tickets at the best prices
Many high-end credit cards offer a concierge of some kind, and in general they seem to be quite similar. The Sapphire Reserve comes with a supposedly better concierge called Visa Infinite Concierge. But it is not clear if there is any difference between it and the Signature Concierge. It seems that both can perform the same services.
Direct access to a customer service specialist
Call the number on the back of your card to be connected directly to a customer service representative. This is a nice change of pace from most cards, which have you work through a phone menu before you can talk to a human.
Some other cards offer a similar service, although it is quite rare in general. The Sapphire Reserve has the same benefit. And the Citi Double Cash (Review) says that just saying “representative” is enough to talk to someone, although it ends up taking a little longer than that.
Travel Delay Reimbursement
You can receive up to $500 in reimbursement if your trip is delayed for an eligible reason. It must be a “covered trip” as they call it, and it must be delayed by a “covered peril.”
According to Chase, a covered trip refers to a period of round trip travel to a destination other than your home, not to exceed 365 days in total. And the Covered Risks include:
- equipment failure
- inclement weather
- labor strikes
- Kidnapping or skyjacking (yes, this is almost like pirate insurance)
And there are quite a few terms and guidelines to satisfy in order to use this benefit:
- You must pay at least a portion of the cost of a common carrier fare with your Chase card.
- Up to $500 is available for “reasonable” expenses, such as food, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other items of personal use.
- Coverage is not available for any prepaid expenses, or for any delay that has been made public or known to you before you left – you have been warned!
- Call the benefit administrator within 60 days of the delay to report it, and follow any instructions given.
- You, your spouse and dependent children under the age of 22 are automatically covered by this benefit when the conditions are met.
You may not use this feature very often, but it might come in handy during airline delays. At the very least, you can assure your family that there is no need to worry, you are covered by pirate insurance.