Esurance Home Insurance
Now, let’s look at Esurance’s next most popular service: homeowners insurance.
If you own a home, you’ll definitely want to have a solid homeowners insurance plan. Obtaining a mortgage is also required. With Esurance, both your home and your belongings will be covered for the following types of damage:
- Theft or vandalism
- Falling objects (eg tree limb)
- Damage caused by the weight of ice, snow or rain
- Vehicles crash into your home
If you happen to own valuable jewellery, musical equipment or artwork, you can add extra protection for these items through an insurer.
In most cases, homeowners insurance also covers medical expenses if one of your visitors is injured in your home or on your property.
If you’re looking for maximum peace of mind, you can also sign up for the following homeowner’s insurance add-ons:
Protection of family responsibility
Let’s say your child’s friend breaks his leg while playing outside in your yard. Oh! The worst part is that a few weeks later the parents of that child decide to sue you.
Family Liability Defense will pay any legal fees you may incur as a result of this case.
Living expenses coverage
If your home is destroyed or damaged to the point where it is no longer habitable, living expense coverage helps pay for your hotel, groceries and storage while you wait for the home to be repaired.
What discounts can I get with Esurance?
Esurance takes a modern approach to auto insurance, using smart technology to maximize efficiency. Here are a few of the many discounts that can help lower the cost of your policy:
- Good driver discount: Save up to 30% to 40% on your car insurance with Esurance if you have one or fewer penalty points on your driving record. Get an additional discount of up to 10% if you meet the age requirements in your state and take a driver safety course.
- Good Student: Save up to 10% on certain coverage if you’re a student under 25 who maintains a 3.0 or B GPA.
- Multi-car discount: Get reduced rates when you insure more than one vehicle under the same policy.
- Get a discount for bundling homeowners or motorcycle insurance with your auto insurance policy.
- Online Quote: Save 5% by starting a quote online with Esurance.
- Paid in full : Save up to 10% by paying your policy premiums in one lump sum.
- Safety devices: Save between 5% and 25% when you insure a vehicle with manufacturer-installed airbags or automatic seat belts. Having anti-lock brakes can get you another 5%. And save another 5% to 25% for having an anti-theft system.
- Switch and save a discount: Get discounts for switching from your current car insurance provider to Esurance.
- Download the DriveSense mobile app for an initial 5% discount and keep using it after your first rule to earn a personalized discount based on your driving habits.
Does Esurance offer better rates than other insurers?
If you only need auto insurance or auto insurance and renters insurance, you should definitely check out Esurance. Its prices are always competitive with other insurers who offer online quotes.
However, this will not always be the case. I recently worked with an insurance agent and that agent found me better coverage (ie lower deductibles) at lower prices than the prices I was quoted at Esurance.
Given my relatively stable insurance needs, it’s no surprise that an agent beat Esurance for me. Esurance aims to help people shop for one type of insurance at a time (especially auto insurance).
If you need to do more than shop around for auto insurance (or homeowners and auto insurance in 31 states), Esurance probably won’t offer the best rates for you.