If you want to change apple ID account password to create a more complicated one or you want to reset the forgotten apple id password, here are the solutions. Keep reading!
Part 1: How to Change Apple ID Password
If you remember your password, you can do it directly from an iPhone or through a computer. Follow the instructions step by step and you will achieve it:
Method 1 How to change Apple ID password on iPhone?
- Step 1: Open “Settings” on your phone. At the top of the screen is the “Apple ID” section. Click on it.
- Step 2: On the new page, click on the “Password and security” section.
- Step 3: First, you will have to click on the “Change password” option. This process will require you to use two-step verification, so enter the code that you will receive on your mobile.
- Step 4: Now you can enter your current password and the new one to perform the replacement. Finally, click on the “Change” button located in the upper right corner.
Method 2 How to change Apple account password from PC or MAC
- Step 1: Go to the official Apple ID page and sign in to your account. If you have established the two-step verification system, you must also enter the code that you will receive on your mobile.
- Step 2: Locate the “Security” section and click on “Change password”.
- Step 3: You will now be able to set a new password, but remember that you will need to enter your current password as well. The new code must also contain 8 characters or more, upper and lower case letters and a number. To finish, press where it says “Change the password”.
Part 2: How to reset forgotten Apple ID password
Forgot your Apple ID password? You should not worry because there are several solutions. Just one thing: there will be no way for Apple to tell you what your password is, not even through email. All the methods here teach you everything about apple id reset password.
Method 1: Two-Factor Authentication
This way, you can reset account password directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Here we’ll explain to you how to do it:
- Step 1: Go to “Settings” on your phone, then tap on your account and then go to “Password & Security” section. Select “Change Password.”
- Step 2: You will be prompted to enter your password and you will need to enter a new one.
Method 2: Email, password and security questions
There are a number of steps you can take, via email or by answering questions. Everything is very simple and below you will see how to do it:
- Step 1: Go to the account page and tap on the “Forgot your Apple ID or password?”
- Step 2: Enter and select the option to “Reset Password”. Now click on the “Continue” button.
- Step 3: Choose how you want: To answer security questions, select “Answer security questions” and follow the steps. If you prefer to receive an email, select the “Receive an email” option. Next, open the email that was sent to you.
Method 3: Two-Step Verification
With two-step verification turned on, you’ll always need at least two of the following pieces of information:
- Your Apple ID password
- Access to one of your trusted devices
- The recovery key
In the event that you have forgotten the password, you will have to know the other two.
- Step 1: Open the browser on your iPhone or PC and go to iforgot.apple.com. Enter your Apple ID. Remember that your ID can be an email address or just the string of characters that proceed the @. Click “Continue”.
- Step 2: Enter your recovery key and press Continue.
- Step 3: Choose the trusted device you want to verify your identity on and click “Next”. Write the verification code on the selected trusted device and continue.
- Step 4: Write the new password and that’s it, you’re done with the password change.
Part 3: I can’t change or reset apple id password what do I do?
If you have forgotten your password and cannot reset it using the above methods, in this case, you will need to:”
- Recover Apple ID.
- Delete Apple ID without password so you can sign in to another account or create a new one and start over.
- Contact you with Apple.