How to know if your health insurance has started
How to know if your health insurance has started, Once you enroll in a Marketplace plan, you must pay your first
IMPORTANT Continue to pay your monthly premiums
Make sure you continue to pay your monthly premiums to your health insurance company on time. Your coverage could end if you fall behind.
Check your registration online
- Sign in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Click on your name in the top right and select “My Apps & Coverage” from the dropdown menu.
- Select your completed application under “Your Existing Applications”.
- Here you will see a summary of your coverage. Your coverage start date depends on when you joined or changed plans.
- If you don’t see your statement or you’re still not sure you’re done with enrollment, call your insurance company. They can confirm if you have signed up and paid your first premium.
Check your health insurance enrollment materials
- Your plan will send you a membership packet with enrollment materials and a health insurance card as proof of your insurance.
- Please review them carefully and look in your plan’s provider directory to see where you can get care.
- You will use the card when you receive health care services, so keep it in a safe place.
- If you didn’t receive a card, call your insurer to see if you should have already received one and to make sure your coverage is effective. You can find your insurer’s phone number on their website.
Do you want to change your health insurance plan? If you want to change your plan, you can do so now only if you experience a qualifying life event, like losing other coverage, having a baby, or getting married, and you request a Special Enrollment Period.