We all know that drinking lots of water is good for your health and keeps you hydrated. But did you know it helps in preventing kidney stones?
Almost 12% of the world’s population suffer from kidney stones at least once in their lifetime. In most of the cases, the people are in the age group of 40 or older.
You might also know that kidney stone pain is unbearable. Hence it is important for you to get the proper Kidney stone surgery treatment in Punjab. But before that, you must learn as much information regarding the problem as possible for better insights.
Who Is At Risk Of Kidney Stones?
People struggling with certain medical conditions such as obesity, diabetes, and vascular diseases are at higher risk than anyone else. Apart from that, age also plays a significant role in it. Make sure to visit a Urologist in Punjab for better treatment.
Each year, the risk of developing kidney stones increases, and it happens till the age of 70. After that, the level of the risk reduces. Also, if you have had kidney stones previously, your risk of having another one in the future is around 50 % within ten years.
Another risk factor for kidney stones is family history or hereditary. If you have someone close in your family who has had kidney stones before, according to the Kidney specialist In Punjab, there is a good chance that you might suffer from one.
Then comes your diet. It is one of the most common causes of kidney stones. Drinking less water might be a risk of developing a kidney stone because of dehydration. Besides that, individuals who intake a lot of sodium in their diet and eat too much animal protein are also at risk. Try to consume enough fresh fruits and vegetables daily. However, certain healthy food items such as seeds, spinach, nuts, beets, potatoes, and many more can cause kidney stones as they contain oxalate. It is a waste product that builds up in the kidney.
Dos And Don’ts For Kidney Stone Prevention
If you want to prevent yourself from developing kidney stones in the future, make sure to follow the given instruction.
- Do not drink cranberry juice a lot, even though it is a great option to prevent urinary tract infections. The doctor does not recommend it for kidney stones. Cranberry juice is acidic in nature and contains oxalate.
- Try to skimp on dietary calcium. They are the main culprits of developing two types of kidney stones such as calcium phosphate and calcium oxalate.
- Always stay hydrated and drink a lot of water to prevent kidney stones.
- Add citrus fruits such as lemon and lime in it to prevent stones.
- Eat fresh vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Be a part of a healthy diet and add these food items to your diet to control your weight and offer essential nutrients that stop stone formation.
- Try to limit your processed food, animal food, and other ingredients that have high sodium. One of the key factors that cause kidney stones is high salt levels.
Contact Aastha Super Speciality Hospital and book your appointment now for kidney stone treatment.