Are you contemplating moving to Canada and obtaining a Canada skilled worker visa? In that case, we have some exciting news for you! Canada is looking for people with accounting experience. Accounting roles in Canada include financial auditors, accountants, accounting technicians, bookkeepers, accounting and related clerks, and sales and account representatives, to name a few.
Accountants intending to move to Canada should use code 1111 under the Financial Auditors and Accountants category, issued to every occupation on the Canadian NOC List. Accountants with the NOC List code 1111 are eligible for permanent residency visa Canada through the Federal Skilled Worker Immigration Program.
Canadian Accountant Requirements
You would need chartered status in your home country to immigrate to Canada as an accountant. For people who earned their degree outside of Canada, an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) would be required. An ECA is used to prove that a foreign degree, diploma, or certificate is genuine and comparable to a Canadian degree.
Permanent Residency Visa in Canada for Chartered Accountant
Canada is among one of the most welcoming countries to immigrants. Immigrants can apply for a variety of visas, including PR visas, study visas, work visas, and so on, depending on their needs.
What are the Programs for Obtaining Permanent Residency Visa in Canada?
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) offer people the best opportunities to immigrate to Canada through programs that allow them to apply for a permanent residence visa. The following are some of the most important immigration schemes for Permanent Residency (PR) in Canada:
Express Entry Program
This is IRCC’s flagship program for issuing Permanent Resident (PR) visas to immigrants. It is a point-based system that manages the profiles of individuals who have applied under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), and Canadian Experience Class economic skilled immigration programmes (CEC).
The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is used to rank candidate profiles in the express entry programme. The top-ranking profiles are then sent an Invitation to Apply (ITA) to the IRCC to apply for a permanent residence visa.
Provincial Nomination Program (PNP)
Provinces in Canada have the authority to nominate skilled immigrants. Canada skilled worker visa feature modest eligibility standards, which immigrants can easily meet. There are two ways to apply for a provincial nomination programme: the first is to approach the provincial immigration office directly, and the second is to apply through the federal government’s express entry programme.
How to Practice as a CA in Canada?
CA stands for Certified Public Accountants in Canada (CPA). As per the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), if you are a fully qualified member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAI), you have the right to advanced standing in the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) certification program.
CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP) modules are waived for candidates who apply under this agreement.
Eligibility for CPA License
To obtain a CPA license in Canada, follow the basic steps outlined below:
- Use NASBA’s Foreign Evaluation Services to see if you’re eligible to take the exam as an international candidate.
- Send your application to NASBA along with the necessary documentation.
- After your application has been evaluated for legitimacy, you will be issued a Notice to Schedule (NTS) that is valid for six months.
- After that, schedule your exam with Parametric using the NTS and pass the exam.
- Then, you can submit an application for the license.
With a specialization in accounting, you should have 150 credit hours of education. Thirty semester hours in accounting and twenty-four semester hours in Business Administration disciplines are included in the 150 credit hours.
You must also have one year of experience in accounting, attest, auditing, or taxation and a minimum of 15 semester hours at the upper-division or graduate level (verified by a licensed CPA – approx. 2,000 hours).
What are the Prerequisites to Obtain a Canada PR Visa?
To relocate to Canada, you must do the following basic and easy steps:
- Create your express entry profile and upload all credentials.
- Once you’ve completed your express profile, you’ll be awarded a CRS score, and your profile will be matched to the profiles of other applicants in the express pool.
- You can apply for the PNP and check the provinces’ occupation in-demand lists to see if your field of employment is on the list. If that’s the case, go ahead and apply. Nominations from provinces earn you 600 CRS points.
- You will receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) to apply for a PR visa if you meet the CRS cut-off.
- Within 60 days, you must submit your documentation and application for a PR visa to the IRCC.
Although the Canada skilled workers visa is a fantastic way to settle in Canada, the immigration process is complicated. Since the laws are pretty tricky, working with an immigration professional to assist you is beneficial. That way, you can avoid committing mistakes while trying to secure a permanent residency visa Canada.