What is reference name on Indian visa? If you are planning to visit India, Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) is the easiest type of visa for India to apply for among all Indian visa types available. The second part of the Indian visa application form requires an answer to a question that cannot be left blank, regarding reference to India, in other words, it is a mandatory question in the Indian visa application. In this regard, we would like to clarify several doubts that Indian travelers have during the visa filing and application process.
Why is a reference name required in the India visa application form?
The Government of India’s Immigration Office has a mandatory requirement for their internal controls to know where you may be living or with whom you are connected. Each country has its own internal policies; As such they are not subject to change. The Indian visa application form is relatively more comprehensive than the electronic visa applications of other countries and therefore requires more information.
What is the meaning of a reference name in the India visa application form?
Reference means someone you know or someone who can support you during your stay in India. This is a mandatory field in the Indian visa application form.
Are there any other references required for Electronic Indian Visa Application (eVisa India)?
Yes, apart from the reference in India you need to provide the name of a reference from your country as mentioned in the India Visa Home Country Reference.
Which India visa reference name is required in an Electronic Indian Tourist Visa (India eVisa)?
If you are coming to India for the following purposes, you can apply for an India Tourist Visa online (eVisa India for Tourists).
- Coming to India for entertainment.
- The main objective is sightseeing.
- The main purpose is to meet family members and relatives.
- Visiting friends in India.
- Join a yoga institute course or a yoga program.
- Any other short course in India of a duration not exceeding 6 months and a course that does not award a degree or diploma certificate.
- Short visits up to 1 month for volunteer work. It must be unpaid, otherwise, an India work visa is required.
- A reference name can be anyone in the above category who knows you in India or with whom you have corresponded in India. You should know the phone number and address of the reference. For example,
if you are visiting friends and family members, any 1 of your family members or friends in India can be nominated as a reference in your Indian visa application. Similarly, a course teacher, administrative staff, faculty or accommodation, hotel, or accommodation can also be used as a reference in India.
How long can I stay in India with India eVisa if I can’t renew my Indian visa?
The length of time you can stay in India depends on various factors including but not limited to:
- Duration of selected Indian tourist visa for tourism purposes, 30 days, 1 year or 5 years.
- The 30-day Indian tourist visa is a double-entry visa.
- 1 year and 5 year Indian tourist visa are multiple entry visas.
- India Business Visa is for a fixed period of 1 year. This is a multiple entry visa
- Indian medical visa is valid for 60 days; This is a multiple entry visa.
- Nationality, some nationalities are allowed a maximum continuous stay of 90 days. The following nationalities are allowed a continuous stay of 180 days in India on Electronic India Visa Online (eVisa India).
- United States
- Canada and
Previous visit to India
How to Renew Indian Visa, 30 days Electronic Indian Visa (eVisa India) is quite confusing for travelers to India. This Indian visa mentions an expiry date, which is actually the date of expiry of entry into India. Provides guidance on when the 30-day Indian visa expires. Electronic Indian Visa (eVisa India) covered here is not extendable or renewable. eVisa India is valid for a specified period of time unlike work, student or residence visas.
Applying for an Indian visa online (eVisa India) in India is a straightforward process. Almost all nationalities (180 in 2020) are eligible to apply online. Only some basic details are required to complete the process like your personal details, passport details. You need a valid email address and payment mode. You are not required to visit Indian Embassy or Indian High Commission at any stage of the process. The Indian Visa Application Process Guide covers this topic in detail.
If my passport is lost, is my Indian visa (eVisa India) still valid?
If you have lost your passport, you need to apply for an Indian visa again. Also, when you apply for an electronic Indian Visa (eVisa India) you may be asked to provide proof of a police report for a lost passport.
Are there any other details I need to be aware of before applying online for Electronic India Visa (eVisa India)?
Your passport should be valid for 6 months from the date of entry into India. You should apply for long term India visa, and apply for 1 year Indian visa if your trip is close to 3 weeks, otherwise you will have to pay fines, penalties or charges on departure if something unplanned happens during your trip.
If you stay in India, you may be barred from entering India or other countries because you are breaking the law. Plan your dates in advance for an Indian visa application and check the validity of your passport.